Thursday

New NYX 2014 Products Review and Swatches

The wait is over NYX has finally released their long waited new collection for 2014. There is so much new stuff to choose from lipsticks to new palettes. Click Read More For Full Review.





    I recently went to Ulta and NYX Cosmetics has some major new displays from their long waited Butter Lipsticks to Dream Catcher palettes. I had to get my hands on the butter lipsticks, butter balms and their new radiant finishing powder. 

Butter Lipsticks $6.00
NYX Cosmetics description on these new lipsticks on www.nyxcosmetics.com 
• What it is:  Full coverage lipstick that feels like it melts onto the lips.
• What it does:  Adds a pop of color to lips.
• Why we love it:  This lightweight formula is non-sticky and deposits high impact color with just one stroke.


My Thoughts~
There is a nice range of shades from neutral colors to bolds, some of the shades you had to build up the color intensity others where really pigmented. They do not fan or feather and they are really moisturizing on the lips. With talking and drinking the lipsticks in my honest opinion only last 2 hours if that before a retouch up.  They are not matte but of a satin finish, I really do like these on how soft they feel on the lips but the price jump from 3.00-4.00 for lipsticks that lasted a long time to 6.00 that you have to retouch up every 2 seconds kinda throws me off. Its not bad but not great I am right there in the middle. 

The Butter Balms $3.99~  Adds a little bit of pigmentation to the lips a sheer splash of color, and they feel very moisturizing on the lips and honestly they remind me of  if Maybelline's Babylips and Lip Smackers got married and had a baby they would be the Butter Balms. Especially how they smell reminds me so much  of my  Lipsmackers school days which I love!!

The Radiant Finishing Powder $8.99~
Now this is the product I have really mixed emotions about this was next to their other new bronze golden highlighter. The Ulta product consultant told me that is could be used as a highlight or a finishing powder to brighten up my complexion. Well I have been using this product as both and I am really not seeing any difference. I put it on the tops of my cheek for a highlight and nothing I fluffy brushed it all over my face and I am not getting any results. So I am thinking maybe I should try the golden toned one for my complexion because I am really thinking this product is useless for me. 

 Let me know if any of you Dolls have tried any of their new product line out, which ones your favs or misses I need the deets!!! Thanks So                                                    much for reading until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment